Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Woo Hoo!

What a difference a day makes! I'm happy to report that I met my "schedule an event a week" goal for this week. I am scheduled to give a book talk at the Hayward Library on 3/6/10. I just hope that this book talk event will fare better than last one. It's guaranteed...no one showed up for the last one.

I did "sell" a book today (I didn't actually get paid, yet) to someone I know. I hope she enjoys it. One down. 1999 to go.

This last one might be the hardest goal to hit. Right now, I'm not really inspired to work on my first book (a historical fiction that takes place in Korea in the early 1900's during the Japanese occupation). A lot of the comments back from the agents were that it needed to be anchored in history (they found the stories of women fascinating, but not fascinating enough to take me on, yet). Well, that means I need to read a lot of unpleasant stuff that happened - torture, massacre, comfort women, police tactics, the worst prisons, etc. I've read the research material once already, but I know I need to read it at least a couple more times and I'm not really looking forward to it. After a bout with one of these and I need to cleanse my head and give it a lot of reading candy.

AND looming behind that, rather threateningly, is the actual task of writing the additional material. So...I'll be very happy if I can actually get myself to start writing by the end of the week.

Still, I'm keeping my focus. Woo Hoo! I have my first event scheduled!

No comments:

Post a Comment