Sunday, January 31, 2010

The Craziness of Rankings

My book's ranking on Amazon.com was 1,887,056 for a while (yes, it is quite daunting to even think about possibilities when it's that far off from #1). Then a friend from my high school days told me that he had ordered a copy from Amazon. The next day, I checked my ranking (I don't obsessively check my ranking because that's one sure way to depress myself) after I updated some info on my author's page. It said my ranking was 370,892. Now, when I just checked, it was 620,357. I'm sure I'll be right out there at 1,xxx,xxx,xxx soon.

My Barnes and Noble ranking continues to hover around 320,xxx. I guess all the books signings are working their magic on the ranking :)

All the more reason why I shouldn't pay any attention to rankings at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment