Friday, January 22, 2010

Two Masters

I think it's in the Bible somewhere that a slave cannot serve two masters. Well, mulling over two different books is doing nothing for my writing efforts. Because I've written nothing since November 2009, I need to face the fact that I could go on marketing and selling Waiting for Appa, and maybe even find some measure of success, but without another book, it's just a dead end.

So..., I've made a decision. I'm going to work on the adult literary fiction. I've read over a few chapters today and I like my revisions so far. I just have to keep at it. And knowing that it's a long haul is definitely making it difficult. Then there is the sheer size of the manuscript. I'm afraid that after I make the additions, it's going to about 500+ pages and I need to pare that down to about 350 or so.... Wish me luck.

I got a good review from one of the mom's I met at Little Gym. I'm glad that she enjoyed it. Stuff like that makes me really happy. Continuing on with the happy theme, I'm doing a radio interview (not live, thank goodness) next Wednesday. I had a good talk with the interviewer today and I'm both nervous and excited about it. I guess that's normal considering that this is my first interview (not counting Korean newspaper articles) ever.

Now on to the bad news.... I've made a decision. I'm going to give up on getting my books into Borders bookstores. I sent an email to my publisher on Tues. Got no response. So I called today. She said she doesn't know of anything she could do from her end. She told me to go back to the bookstore to get a BINC #. I don't understand why this process has to be so painful and cumbersome..., especially when my book is already available online through Borders.com. I'll try to make my way back to the bookstore and see if I can find something else to do that will make a difference. After that, I'm going to stop wasting my time. Argh!

No comments:

Post a Comment