Thursday, January 28, 2010

A Fantastic Day

I'm a day late, but, I just didn't have the energy or the inclination to write a blog last night.

Yesterday, I had a radio interview at KPFA, 94.1 FM for a program called Full Circle. I was soooooo glad that it was a recorded interview and not live. I do pretty well on presentations and I can hold my own when it comes to conversation, but it’s all the ums and ahs that I was concerned with. Jane, my interviewer, helped me feel comfortable. She was gracious, encouraging, and engaging. I don’t know what the interview is going to sound like, but I felt pretty good coming out of the interview. I’m crossing my fingers and hoping for the best.

On our way back home (my son was with me because his school had a teacher’s work day), we stopped at the Barnes and Noble bookstore in Dublin. There I was able to schedule a book signing at the end of February.

But the best thing about the day was the time I got to spend with my son walking around the Berkeley campus and telling him stories about what I did when I was there. We went to one of my favorite restaurants (it was still in business after all these years and the food still tasted pretty similar to what I remembered) and had lunch. I was walking around in a glow of happiness with my son. I think he’d rather do something else, but he was very indulgent with me.

I was praying for my in duk to kick in and I think Jane happened. I am so grateful for this opportunity to share my experience and book with others. I hope I'll be able to reach a lot of people this way. And even if I don't, it was a great experience. What a wonderful way to get my feet wet!


Upcoming Events:


Book signing at Barnes and Noble, Fremont – 2/6/10, 1 – 3 pm

KPFA, 94.1 FM Radio Interview air time – 2/12/10, 7 – 7:30 pm

Book signing at Barnes and Noble, Dublin – 2/27/10, 1 – 3 pm

Book talk and book signing at the Hayward Main Library, Hayward – 3/6/10, 1 – 3 pm

No comments:

Post a Comment