Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Inspiration

I was at my daughter's gymnastics class (she's only three, so there's not much real gymnastics happening here) when one of the moms who bought my book before Christmas told me how much she enjoyed my book. She flew across the country to visit her family, but all she did the first day was trying to finish my book between her son's naps and playtimes.

It meant a lot to me, especially because I feel uninspired and unmotivated right now. We spent the next hour talking about my book, my writing process, my inspirations and her dream of writing a book of her own - a religious, non-fiction book. At the end of the class, she told me how much I helped her, inspired her, encouraged her, etc., but all I can think was...you helped me get my motivation back. Thank you for reminding me why I want to make this happen. Also, talking to her helped me think about the talk coming up in March.

I am determined to write something tonight. I'm hoping that it'll be something worth keeping.

No comments:

Post a Comment