Monday, November 16, 2009

New Hope

Lately, I've been struggling with keeping myself motivated when things get so discouraging.... But I did get some good news today.

Returnability is very important if you want to sell your book through book stores. Well, I didn't realize this when I first started this whole self-publishing process, but I did catch on this summer and bought the returnability package from iUniverse in August. Because of how the update cycle works, Waiting for Appa wasn't marked as returnable until October. Having gone through all that, it didn't show up as returnable from the wholesaler that Borders buys their books from. So, now with December right around the corner, Border's wholesaler confirmed today that it is marked as "returnable" in their systme. But I still have to wait a couple of weeks before my book will show up as "returnable" at Borders. Yikes! I can't wait.

I need to go around to businesses around the bookstore to see if I can post a flyer about my upcoming book signings at the Barnes and Noble stores.

Here are my upcoming events:

Books signing at Barnes and Noble, Stevens Creek - Nov. 21, 2009, 1pm - 2pm

Books signing at Barnes and Noble, Fremont Hub - Dec. 1, 2009, 5:30pm - 6:30pm

Book talk at the Newark Library in Newark CA - Dec. 1, 2009, 7:00pm - 8:30pm

No comments:

Post a Comment