Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Excitement building

I'm getting excited about this Saturday. It's my first book signing, ever! And the fact that it's at Barnes and Noble on Stevens Creeks makes it all the more sweeter. I used to walk along the aisles of that store and dream about seeing my books on the bookshelves.

I've got the posters. I've got the bookmarkers. I've got business cards for my book. I'm glad that this 1st foray into the public realm is not a talk. The book talk is coming up in December (December 1st in Newark) and this event will help me get my feet wet nicely.

I'm hoping that some of my friends will come out and buy books there. I would consider it a major success if I sell....20 books. I don't know.... I want to sell enough so that I wouldn't be embarrassed to ask the bookstore if I can come back in six months or so. Wish me luck. I need it.

I'm scared. I'm excited. I can't wait for this first experience of meeting people in the bookstore as an author.

Returnability is what made this possible. Returnability. Returnability. Returnability.

No comments:

Post a Comment