Monday, November 24, 2014

So many decisions to make...

I've uploaded my e-books on Kindle (Waiting for Appa, Last Chance Lane, and Five Stones) as well as Nookpress (Waiting for Appa and Last Chance Lane), but ultimately I've decided to only publish them on Kindle/Amazon to try out their KDP Select program.

Nookpress (Barnes and Noble) has many pluses on its side, such Read in me Store program, Lend Me program, Samples, eGifting, and Affiliates program, and check out the link for the programs.

https://www.nookpress.com/support
 
But I thought KDP Select program offered more intriguing options. I've cut and pasted the reasons why from Amazon's Authorcentral.com site.

Why Enroll in KDP Select?

Earn higher royalties (Sure. I'd like to make more money, but this is not my primary reason. However, I was intrigued by the idea of getting a cut when a customer with Kindle Unlimited option reads more than 10% of my book.)
  • Earn your share of the KDP Select Global Fund amount when readers choose and read more than 10% of your book from Kindle Unlimited, or borrow your book from the Kindle Owners’ Lending Library. Plus, earn 70% royalty for sales to customers in Japan, India, Brazil and Mexico. 
Maximize your book’s sales potential (I'm still trying to figure out who to generate more interest/sales. So, these promotions tools were a definite plus for me. I'm not sure about the Kindle Countdown Deals, but I'll definitely do Free Book Promotions. So, I'll keep you posted on when and how well or not so well it went.)
  • Choose between two great promotional tools: Kindle Countdown Deals, time-bound promotional discounting for your book while earning royalties; or Free Book Promotion where readers worldwide can get your book free for a limited time.
Reach a new audience (Because I'm still trying to find my audience, this is my primary reason for choosing Kindle/Amazon over Nookpress/Barnes and Noble.)
  • Help readers discover your books by making them available through Kindle Unlimited in the U.S, U.K., Germany, Italy, and Spain and the Kindle Owners’ Lending Library (KOLL) in the U.S, U.K., Germany, France, and Japan.
This KDP select program is a 90-day program. I have to renew it or get invited (?) to renew it every 90 days. So, I thought I'd try this first, then go on to Nookpress/Barnes and Noble.

If you choose KDP select program, you cannot sell your e-books elsewhere on the web. There are additional limitations, so please check it out before you try it, too.

There are many KDP select videos on Youtube, and I've watched a quite a few, but to be honest, I didn't find a lot of them useful. Most were self-promotional videos, and I had fun watching them, fantasizing about seeing one of my own one day, but I didn't find them overly useful. BUT since there are so many videos available, I could have veered off at a point and completely missed videos that are quite useful and helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment