Saturday, May 10, 2014

Kirkus Review Indie

I don't know if I need to explain about Kirkus Review Indie, but here it goes. I first came across the information in an article about Darcie Chan's success on Amazon. I think she sold 140,000 copies of her book online, and she attributed a lot of that success on Kirkus Review Indie.

What Kirkus Review does is... it will review your book for a fee ($425 or higher for faster return). The author will get 250 - 350 word review on the book. It doesn't promise anything, except that it will be reviewed by one of their qualified reviewers.

"Our reviewers include librarians, business executives, journalists from national publications, PhDs in religion and literature, creative executives in entertainment and publishing industries as well as other professional reviewers."     - Kirkus Review

This service doesn't guarantee a good review, just an objective review.

I guess that's the beauty and the strength of Kirkus Review Indie. That it doesn't guarantee a good review, but an objective review. So..., what am I going to do with it? I've done a little bit of research, and people have used it in two different ways basically, if the review were positive.

1. Use it to find an agent. Some authors have used it to find an agent in two months!
2. Use it to market the book on Amazon.com via Author Central, as well as book lover sites, such as Goodreads.com, etc.

Obviously, getting a good review would be a start. So, here I am, crossing my fingers for a good review.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment