Monday, March 8, 2010

Book talk at the Hayward Library

I had a good time at the Hayward Library book talk on Saturday. I was nervous and excited, but the first person who showed up for my talk really helped me feel comfortable.

I had nine people come for the book talk (1 came late and 2 left early) and had very positive and encouraging responses to the talk. What was so wonderful was that there was a high school teacher in the audience and after the talk, she asked if I would come and speak to the students at her school. To top it off, she asked me what my fee was. Fee? I'm praying for opportunities to get my book exposure! When I told her I'd come for free, she asked me if I could come for a whole day of classes. Of course, I said yes.

I'm not known for my patience and this publishing business is almost all about patience, up to this point. I hope my patience will pay off, in time.

I've been reluctant to do book talks at book stores because I'm a complete unknown. My thought was...who'd come to a book talk by someone they don't even have a name recognition, but maybe I should consider it....

Now, digressing and going back to the exercise in futility...I'm thinking about trying to crack the Borders stores book signing process once again. Or should I say enough is enough?

No comments:

Post a Comment