Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Price of my books

I was very surprised to find autographed copies of my books showing up on Amazon.com and Barnesandnoble.com for all kinds of prices. On Amazon, there are two copies listed for $19.95 and $27.00. On Barnes and Noble, there's a copy selling for $14.95. It actually tickles me that some of these are listed under "collectables."

My editing/rewriting is going well. My goal was ~20 pages/week. I'm currently at page 59! I had worked on these pages since November, so it took just a bit more work to get here. Tomorrow, I'll be working on the pages I haven't worked on since...I can't remember. So, I expect my progress will slow down.

I haven't been feeling my usual self - optimistic and hopeful. I let my impatience get in the way of things naturally taking its course. I need to keep on believing in myself, my writing, and the readers out there. I still believe Waiting for Appa can find an audience, but it's going to take time. I wonder if the traditional publishing house authors experience this kind of issue. Probably. I can't believe publishing would be THAT different.

No comments:

Post a Comment