Thursday, November 11, 2010

An important digression

I heard from a good friend today that a 29 year old woman who is a mother of 2 year old twin girls is pretty much brain dead from an aneurysm. It made my heart sick to hear something like this.

Does any one of us live each day as if it could be our last? I certainly don't. I'm not sure how many of us really do. The saddest thing about this is that the last words she exchanged with her husband were words of anger because he had come home a little late and she was running late to her professional choral group rehearsal. Now, they'll never have a chance to change that.

Have you told your husband/boyfriend/girlfriend you loved him/her today? Have you told your children how precious they are to you? How they make you happy just by existing in this world? That they make everything better in your life?

This beautiful, talented woman was a loving mother to her gorgeous twin girls, a wonderful wife to a loving husband, and a precious daughter to parents who loved her dearly. Now, her husband is left to raise their twin daughters and the daughters will grow up having no real memory, that they can recall, of their mother. It makes me feel so sorry for this family. I hope the family finds the strength, in God, in friends, in extended family, in whatever they have, to get through these terrible days.

So, I'm going to hug my children, tell my husband how much I love and appreciate him, and try to live as if every minute really matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment